Mitt

(To Cami, I am sorry, but this one is about politics, but it's vitally important so I hope you'll forgive me)

My family knows better than anyone how much I love this country. I can't think of a time in my life when I didn't. I have visited national parks coast to coast from the towering sequoias of California to the humble battleground of Gettysburg. I stop at historical markers on the side of the road just to learn what historical significance the area I am driving through has. Just today I came across a former Shoshone Indian encampment from the 1800s that was the site of a massacre 30 miles north of Logan in Idaho. I follow the ever changing politics of this nation and each night I thank God that I live in the land of the free. It is difficult to express how deeply I love America, but there is just something about this country that gives me the greatest feeling in the world.

Today, I watched a video about Mitt Romney and I realized that a lot of why I like him is because he is as deeply moved by this country as I am and I know without a doubt that he will wake up every morning as president and work nonstop to restore America to her greatness.

I paid $85 ($3.82 a gallon) to fill my car with gas today. The cheapest I can get whole milk is around $2.62 per gallon and the rest of groceries are so costly I prepare approximately 2 meals a month at home. My landlord recently told me how much value his properties across the nation have lost. He is glad he has people willing to rent so he won't have to take a huge hit if he has to sell any of his properties. I live in Utah where the economy is doing ok and housing is not as bad, but even I can tell you without hesitation that the last 4 years have done little to nothing to spark the economy and get this country churning again.

Watch the video I watched. This man is not a secretive person; he is a humble person. This man is not an evil business lord; he is a successful and practical business man. He made his money legally and on his own and he pays his taxes legally and gives generously to charity. Mitt Romney has core values of honesty and integrity that will enable him to take charge of a lost and confused government and allow him to work with the best to fix this mess.


0 Responses

    Followers