New Position at Work

I have great news today, but first I have to recap a story from the other day. So, Tuesday night we were pre-closing at work when I find out an employee gashed his head open a bit. He was doing some cleaning and a piece of equipment fell and cut his head pretty good. I called my bosses and took him to the ER. We spent an hour there, where he got all stitched up and all was well. It was my 3rd day managing and I was the only manager there, so it was a fun night. Thankfully though, I don't have to deal with injuries or babysit people all day anymore because I now have a new job in the kitchen.

When I was offered the position as closing manager, it was sort of a foot in the door position that may or may not ever evolve into a spot within the catering department, which is where I wanted to work. They said it was a possibility that next summer they might have a spot doing catering, but that I should do the manager job as if nothing would happen. Well, today I got a lucky break. The banquet chef was going to open a position this weekend and interview people for a job cooking for catering. The chefs were discussing it and realized an opportunity to move things around without hiring anyone new. The original plan for my job was to promote a student who is done with school and had been working here a while to be the closing supervisor. However, he was not sure how long he was going to stay in Logan, so then when they got my resume they had that job to create for me. With catering needing someone though and my desire and my experience being with that, they wanted to move me to catering and then put the other other guy as closing manager since he will be here at least through the end of this semester. And so today, they sat down with him and me and made it all official. I will start in catering today (Thursday).

I'm way excited for this new job. The closing manager position was fun, but it really was a lot more babysitting and it was not what I truly wanted to be doing. It's also great because now I don't have to worry about not ticking everyone off for being the outsider. Another plus is that my schedule will be nicer. I'll be done much earlier in the evening and will be home by 6 or 7 rather than 10 or 11. I'll have to do some weekend work, but all in all, the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

In other news, I received a hilarious email from my dad today. Here is what he sent:


Pretty funny eh?
And I would like to add that my thoughts and prayers are with all those who lost a book or a tea cup in the recent earthquake. Hehehe.

Well, that's the latest from Logan. Today's song of the day is just a random song I picked because I'm too distracted to find a song with a story. This one is a good one though. You'll find it in some movies, like "A Walk to Remember." You'll also find it on my ipod. Keep it real everyone.
0 Responses

    Followers