Fun and Busy Times

I've been keeping pretty busy this week. I work every day from 2 or 3 until 10, and then my roommates and I are doing something every night before school starts. Sunday evening we drove up to Bear Lake and last night we went camping up the canyon. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

Work is going ok. The next week or two will be a little tense because there are people who have worked there for a year or more and know more about how this kitchen works and think they should have my job. So, although I learn quickly and know how most of everything here runs already, I have to tread lightly so I don't offend people. This week I'll spend with the people who have worked here longest and see what I can learn from them and gain their respect. I understand how they feel. When you've been working somewhere and someone is hired as your manager, it can be difficult to deal with. Thus, I'll be less of a manager this week and more of a worker and hopefully no one will hate me...yet.

For the song of the day today, we're going back to the 70's and Cat Stevens.
0 Responses

    Followers