Catering

Friday I worked an eleven and a half hour day.

I loved it.

Life all of a sudden feels much more in place now that I am working in catering. It seemed kind of tumultuous during the 3 days I was managing the Marketplace. Not necessarily like it was a bad thing, but I seemed unsettled. In catering, I feel at home. I think the coming months are going to be fantastic.

Our apartment continues to do fun things like movie nights, camping, bonfires, and possibly another swimming trip to Bear Lake this afternoon. Logan really is a nice place to live. The canyon offers hiking, biking, fishing, climbing, camping, campfires and more, all within 10-15 minutes of home. I haven't even discovered the secrets in the city because we've spent all our time outside of the city. When things get cold in a month or so I'll start exploring downtown.

Football season is starting too, which is exciting. I have to follow two schools closely this year. I have no problem rooting for the Aggies, but we all know just how true blue for BYU I am.

The song of the day today actually has a good story behind it for me. This song actually sort of spawned my big summer of change last year. When working at Seven Peaks last summer, I was the opening supervisor one morning. I was the only one there and I was doing some office work for the day while listening to some music on the computer. Different songs speak to me at different times in my life and at this time, I really liked listening to this song. So there I was listening to this song when one of the managers came in. He walked in, looked at me and said "Wow, that is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen. You're sitting there at the desk all alone in an empty building, listening to that classic rock song. You gotta stop living in the past man." It was then I realized I had been living in the past and I need to move on in life. Since then, a lot has changed and all in all I have to say I'm glad that he said what he said when he said it. I still like the song though, so sit back, relax and enjoy "Fields of Gold".
0 Responses

    Followers