Sunday Off

Today was my first day off. I at first thought I was supposed to work the morning and have the afternoon off, but then realized that changed and I had all day off. I didn't sleep in too much because messing with a good sleep schedule on a non-Friday night is never good for me. I went to stake conference in Kanab and just chilled. I played a wholesome Sunday video game, Monkey Island, and took a nap. I also have Monday morning off and a couple evening's off this week, so things are settling a bit. In 5 days I got over 40 hours in, which is twice as many hours than I've worked since last summer, and easily more than 4 times the amount of work...calling washing cars work is laughable...though it's the best job to have if you're in school. Anyway, some time off has been nice and I'm looking forward to getting back in the kitchen.

It's been pretty cold the past 2 days, but it's warming up and will get right on up there to 70 and 80 this week, like it should be. More guys are moving in the dorms which means a couple things. One, more people means a little more heat in here. Two, it means we don't have to hole up in our corners, we can start playing cards and such. We're going hot tubbing tonight, which will be fun until we get out. The wind has been howling, so I may freeze solid. I'll probably go from the hot tub to the pool house right up from it and shower. That will keep me warm...and clean! I think I'll end the night with a movie in bed. That sounds like a good day off to me.

Everything looks good for me to be able to go to church and stay active. That'll be good. I need to talk to the chef to see if I'll have the same sunday times off consistently so I can be in one ward and not bouncing between the two. Then I'll talk to the bishop of that ward and figure out mission stuff.

Goals for me this summer are:
-Pay off bank and tuition (should take only 2 paychecks)
-Forward my mail with the post office (which I may email someone at home to do for me since I didn't get a form when I moved and I don't have a dollar to do it online
-Save $$$$$$$$$$
-Get out and enjoy the best area mother nature has to offer...national parks every direction, lakes, sand dunes, hikes, ATVs, climbing, rappelling...I'm going to have fun!
-Get them mission papers in for pete's sake!
-Not die...this goal carries over for all seasons...I gave away my book about death-free living, but I think I can manage without it


I left the song of the day alone...I figure Dad would want to hear it one more time...
0 Responses

    Followers