Sorry

My apologies for not being able to update this in so long. The internet was horrible for awhile and is now seeming to be consistently better. I've also been busy and was pretty sick last week. Either way, here is a quick update and I will do my best to update much more frequently as there is always so much to update about. I'll just list things and briefly describe them this time:

I am doing great in the kitchen and have earned a small raise and will get lots of quality learning time cooking with the chef.

I went on an amazing hike the other day. I felt totally amazing during and after the hike. I'm in pretty good shape, even after being sick.

After 2 consecutive weekends involving a couple inches of accumulating snow, this week has been warming up. Looks like summer may finally be here to stay. The evenings are beautiful right now. Tonight we played ultimate frisbee and volleyball for a few hours. It was loads of fun.

By the end of this summer, I should be a pool, poker, basketball, volleyball, hiking, and cooking master.

I have come to an absolute, 100,000,000% for sure conclusion that being here this summer is, without any sliver of doubt, the best and right place for me to be at this time in my life.

That's all I got for today. Look for frequent updates here on out. As long as the internet goes strong, so too will my blog. To conclude, I leave you a poem I wrote about the recent weather:


Summer Weather Blues
By: Jon Meier

I took myself a summer job, I thought it would be hot,
But since the day I got here, it really has been not.
Several days the temperature went down into the blue,
And more than once the white stuff fell; accumulated too!

Even when it’s warmer, the rain comes falling down,
Which makes for lots o’ misery this far away from town.
I used to go out in the night and see the moon and stars,
But recently the clouds have blocked both Jupiter and Mars.

The mud is deep and everywhere, RVs can’t come and park,
And danger lies in going out with puddles hid by dark.
The sunsets were so pretty, now they don’t exist,
They too are hidden by those clouds of rain and snow and mist.

They say it will get better; I’d like to think they’re right,
I want to sleep without the worry of freezing to death at night.
I guess I’ll give this weather a chance to turn around,
So I can live this summer, warm and safe and sound.
0 Responses

    Followers