Today was ok. The stupid tent company messed up huge for the second straight year. They didn't get that tent up in time for a fire inspection yesterday and Utah is on a 4 day work week so we couldn't get hold of the deputy fire marshall to get it done today. That means that unless we can get hold of the deputy or head fire marshall and they are free to do it tomorrow (and Mike actually does something about it), we can't open our stand until Monday. It's costing me dearly. UGH!

Since I had nothing else to do today, I worked 12 hours at seven peaks. It was a pretty slow day, but lots of maintenance problems. Our Dippin' Dots freezer that is supposed to stay at -45 degrees was at 2 degrees and climbed to 11 degrees before we emptied it out and ran our Dippin' Dots stand out of the storage freezer that was still working. Then our snowie snow cone machine also stopped working, so we'll have to get that fixed or no more snow cones. After my regular shift I stayed from 9-12:30 to help out with the pool party. It was pretty slow and people mostly bought water bottles and sodas.

Tomorrow will be pretty similar to today. I'll head into work at 10, try to listen to the US World Cup match and then after work is the food service employee party. I'll be running the karaoke for that, which should be pretty exciting. Tomorrow night I'll probably kick back for a movie and just rest. I'm tired from allergies this week and work and I need all my strength because next week I literally will be working from 9 am to almost midnight every day non-stop. I'm not too worried, I know it's what I gotta do.

GO USA! BEAT GHANA!
0 Responses

    Followers