Summer

Well, summer is in full swing. The crazy Utah weather has finally heated up for what seems like the rest of summer now. Seven Peaks has finally started getting regular numbers and that's good for my job. Today at work I made some big changes that will both save the water park money and make the water park money. I recently suggested we sell corn dogs. Today, we began selling them to test how they would do. They were a hit. We'll start rolling those out full scale and hopefully increase our revenue a bit. To save money, I talked with the food manager about our teriyaki chicken bowls. We had been using boneless skinless chicken breast and steaming it and then finishing it off on the flat top griddle with the veggies and sauce. Now, we're using pre-grilled chicken strips that both enhance the flavor and save us money because the raw chicken we were using would go bad too often. That's most of what's happening with that. Things are going well.

Our fireworks for me and my brother's firework tent have arrived. We did inventory yesterday and our tent should be up now. We'll get a fire inspection tomorrow and then be open for business. My goal is to sell at least 75% of our inventory. The commission on that would be almost $2500 and we still have Pioneer Day to sell as well. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, we can easily pull in $3,000 between the two holidays. That would pretty much put me totally and completely out of financial trouble. It'll be somewhat hard with me working two jobs, but I have adequate time off of Seven Peaks to succeed at the fireworks.

In personal life, Mary went home for the summer yesterday. It was really really hard to see her go. I'm definitely going to miss her a ridiculous amount. Somehow, things just are never as fun and amazing without her. Can't wait till she gets back.
0 Responses

    Followers