Day Off


Today was my day off from Seven Peaks. We were supposed to get our fire inspection at the firework tent done and open it up today. But no, for the second straight year, our tent was a couple days late and didn't go up until late this evening. Instead of doing that important work, I found myself watching Steven King's "The Stand". It's a tv miniseries that I thought was going to be 3-4 hours. Yeah, not even close. It lasted 8 hours. 4 episodes, 2 hours each. Started at 3 pm, ended at 11 pm. Couldn't believe it was so long and couldn't believe I watched all 8 hours. It wasn't the best show I've seen but it was obviously good enough to keep watching. I think part of what kept me watching is that much of the series was shot here in Utah in Orem, Lehi, Salt Lake and other areas.

My sound card is doing great and I used it well on commercial breaks listening to music. Last night I also downloaded a Karaoke program and between last night and today I downloaded hundreds of Karaoke songs. I'm going to use the program at our food service employee party on Saturday. I also plan to use it for some Karaoke parties later this year at my apartment. It's going to be awesome. I have tons of Beatles songs, Queen songs and tons of the classic oldies Karaoke, which is what it's all about. I'm pretty excited about that.

Tomorrow is pay day! This paycheck should cover rent, some debts and probably a haircut. I'm off of food stamps after this month and I will try living under a strict budget and gain my financial independence completely back. It's been a long road these past two years and it wasn't until this year that things started to really change as I began to overcome the mental and emotional obstacles that have really held me back. Motivation continues to be almost as hard to come by as it was when I first fell ill and couldn't get out of bed most days, but I manage to get done most of what needs to get done.

Anyway, life continues tomorrow as usual. I work 1-9 pm so we'll get our firework tent ready for inspection and opening in the morning. Let's hope sales are good because I really need every penny I can get!
0 Responses

    Followers