Day 1

I just finished my workout routine that accompanies my running program.The Insanity Workout.

I made it through and was halfway through the cool-down stretches when I gave in to my body's demands and collapsed to the floor. My heart was not doing the usual *thump-thump*. It was more like one, steady *thuuuuuu*, as if it were yelling out "WHYYYYYYYYY".

I laid helplessly on the floor for a half hour. I was only able to move my left thumb and forefinger and I could only open my left eye for a few seconds at a time. Exhaustion is an understatement. And it was actually literally 30 minutes I laid there without moving.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I probably should not have started working out for another day or so. I have been battling a slight head cold that has caused some periodic lightheadedness just being on my feet all day at work. Nothing serious, but my body is probably only at 75% from fighting it. I have got to work on my stubbornness. I like pushing myself to extremes, but too often I do so in unhealthy situations like this for no reason other than my own refusal to accept that I am mortal.

Insanity is the devil. We'll see if I choose to stick with it or adopt a lesser program to get me into shape for my race and then try it again later. I'm in this to be healthier and challenge myself more, but I am undecided on whether Insanity is the best approach for my goals right now.

 I have to go either harvest all this salt on my body and clothes or shower it off now. And I'm still unsure if I wet myself or if it's sweat...

Exercise...what was I thinking...

Song of the Day is the Funeral March :)
0 Responses

    Followers