Staying Busy

Holy criminy I have been busy! My poor brain is doing it's best to keep up, hopefully it will make it until my next break, which seems like it will not be until next weekend. A brief synopsis of the past few days. I moved over the weekend. Everything I need to live is here, storage and a few other things still need to be brought over. Sunday, I had a very spiritual and memorable Sabbath. Monday, I left for work at 6:40 and did not return to my house until after school, work, FHE dinner, and curling league. I got home at 9:30 , where I took a quick shower and then had to leave again for a few hours. I got to bed late Monday night around 1:15 and was up for work again at 6. I then worked until just before 5, then I went home and did laundry and was in bed by 9 so I could be up at 4:45 for another long day of work. Tonight, I am taking an evening to myself after I do a spot of homework just so I can rest my brain. I will say that ever since the struggles of chronic fatigue, the importance of rest has been better understood and respected.

Life in general is going well. I am doing very well in school so far this semester. I am hoping to secure enough financial aid to cover next semester without loans and I hope to pay off the small loan I took for the current semester by summer's end. That or try to pay off my car so I can reduce my cost of living by $300 a month. I tell ya, money will stress you out quicker than anything.

Spring is supposed to be approaching but the low was close to zero this morning and this weekend we had another storm dump 4+ inches of snow on us. This global warming thing is unpredictable.

I'm starting to ramble. I had some words of substance to impart but staring at this screen is making me more weary by the minute, so instead I will just depart and I will come back with more in a day or so.

For the Song of the Day, there can only be one today, it has to be "Wake Me Up Before You Go" by Wham, but I just call it "Jitterbug"!! The song has been in my head all day. Here's a little trivia that has nothing to do with this song, but with the term jitterbug. Jitterbug is a type of swing dance that became popular in the 1930s and 40s. The term came around in reference to alcoholics who would get the "jitters" (uncontrolled shaking). Then, dancers started using the term jitterbug to describe swing dancers who would dance out of control. Popular culture pushed that further to just mean all swing dancers, and somehow that came to be a kind of dance now closely associated with the Lindy Hop and East Coast Swing. Another interesting piece of trivia is that at the time jitterbugging was becoming a hit in the 30s and 40s, the Wizard of Oz was being filmed for release in 1939. They filmed a song and dance that was eventually removed called "The Jitterbug". Below is the scene with the actual video footage beginning at the song.




0 Responses

    Followers