Decisions

This past week has left me frazzled.

I have been aggressively seeking a suitable replacement for my place on our lease so I can move into a less expensive room in a house. A banking error has left $245.70 floating around somewhere other than my bank account. One of three upcoming tests has been taken in school. These and many daily lesser dealings, all compounded by a slight head cold I've only just overcome and several nights of inadequate sleep have rendered my brain rather useless this weekend.

I need a reboot.

I will say, however, that I am very grateful to be busy. Boredom, or rather, idleness, is something I do not deal well with. I get cabin fever. I lose my mind. I feel useless and worthless and then I buy highly sugarous drinks and foods. I waste the days away in front of the boob tube, watching shows not on History and Discovery that are of legitimate interest, but rather pointless shows I watch simply because they are on and I am there and I have no willpower to do much else.

No, I prefer being frazzled and having worked tirelessly to accomplish my tasks. Only then can I find the sweet solace that lies in my piano. Only then can the words of a book capture my mind and not put me to sleep. Only then can I appreciate each day I have.

Here's to being only slightly less frazzled this weekend.

Song of the Day is "Hip Pickles" by: Blue Lou Marini's band Blood, Sweat and Tears. I actually heard this song done live by ol' Blue Lou himself at a jazz festival in Texas. I figured the interesting introduction and the heavy funk was an appropriate "frazzled" feel for today.


0 Responses

    Followers