December

This evening, I cleared my dry erase calendar of November and filled it with the days of December. As I did, I paused for a moment in amazement that another year will soon draw to it's close.

 This year, I have immeasurable and innumerable things to be deeply grateful for, and, as usual, after Christmas, I will do my year in review, but this coming Sunday marks the first day of Advent, which is the season and time of preparation for the coming of Christ. When I reflect on this year and as I look around my room at everything I have, my heart fills with love and thankfulness, because I know that everything I have, from my job, house and clothing to things like my piano, car, and computer, are gifts I have been afforded in this life. Every day I try to live worthy of that, to use what I have to better myself and those around me, to not waste opportunities.

This Advent, I have a goal of truly preparing myself to always have Christ in my life. I will give service to others, share what I can with friends, and listen closely for promptings of someone in need. During this season of Christ, I want to share my testimony of the goodness of all that I know to be true so that I can partake of the sweet and true spirit of Christmas.

 I have experienced hustling, bustling, busy Christmases where I focus on working and getting extravagant gifts for family and friends, but this year, though I want more than anything to give the world to my family and friends, to deliver them boxes upon boxes of wonderful things to bless their lives, I cannot. But I can give them all of the love and care that I possess, I can give them my heart, I can give them my service. I will give all that I have in my soul.

May this season of Advent bless all of you as we prepare to mark the birth of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ.


0 Responses

    Followers