Busy Weekend, Busier Week Coming

Well, things are getting real very fast.

Work has become busier and busier and will peak over the next week and a half.

Plans for the drive home have come together and final preparations are being made over the next week.

My ward's Christmas Dinner, after several weeks of planning and altering and more planning, will be Monday. It will be awesome.

Most of my time is spent working on these things, so the time is going by quick. Today, I did have two opportunities to unwind a little before it all becomes true chaos.

This morning, I spent a couple hours out at the gun range shooting skeet. It was about 30 degrees with a strong, steady wind making it feel closer to 20. But a couple jackets, ear muffs and gloves helped a bit. It was a good day of shooting. We are used to throwing the clay pigeons from right next to us and these were being thrown from 15-20 yards in front, so we were shooting at them 30-50 yards out. It took a few shots to get used to them being further out, but at the end of the day, we hit plenty. I hit 2-3 out of every 5. Normally I would want to do better and usually I might be better, but, considering the strong wind, bitter cold, and sometimes having to wait a minute or longer between each single shot, which I learned really throws your groove off, I am happy with my shooting. I'm happy anytime I get to shoot off some shells. I went through 45 of my own 12 gauge shells and also shot a real small shotgun a bit for fun.

I went straight to work from shooting and had a fairly easy day in the kitchen. After 5 hours there, I ran home and changed and a group of friends and I went up to Idaho to the hot springs. We had a good time up there. As usually happens, when I get to a hot spring, I enjoy just unwinding and de-stressing and I do a lot of thinking while I soak. The people I go with generally enjoy being a bit louder and playful, so I always end up breaking off from them for a bit to clear my mind. It feels fantastic sitting in hot mineral water left alone to my thoughts for a bit. Good for my muscles, good for my mind, good for me. Tonight it was nice because a light snow was falling through the evening and that just made it really peaceful. It was also 20 degrees out, so getting out and walking around felt good before hopping back in and thawing out my frozen hair. All in all, it was a worthwhile trip.

In the morning we will bake off some cookies for the ward party, then after church put the cookies in small cellophane bags with some Christmas candy tied off with ribbon for each member of our ward that comes to the dinner. I cannot divulge all the things I have planned for this party, but I planned for weeks so that I could get the absolute most out our budget and make this the best dinner we have made for the ward. This time, everything will be made from scratch by my committee and I. I'll try to get pictures of it all and share how it all went when it's over.

It's been a busy day, so it's time to hit the sack and rest up while I can. Song of the Day is Trans-Siberian Orchestra playing their awesome version of "Carol of the Bells".
0 Responses

    Followers