Smile

If you ever thought you were alone in life, say an honest prayer. Yesterday was a sucky day and as I was struggling through it before bed, I knew I needed some help, so I paused and prayed.

This morning, I was heading out to school. I went to the stadium parking lot to catch the shuttle up to campus. As usual, this time of day was jam packed. Two buses that go two different ways up came, but both were full. One I was even on, but the driver was more strict on rules and would not let us stack the front, so we had to exit and wait for the next one. I wanted the bus that went closer to my class, but a bus heading to the other side of campus came and could squeeze one more person on, so, despite the extra 5 minutes of walking on campus, I opted to take it. Up on campus, I disembarked and began the walk to my class. There are about 20,000 students at Utah State. I ran into the one student in the masses that could put a smile on my face.

Taylor Smith, my awesome friend from down at the resort.

 It has been almost a year since I have seen her and many months since I have talked to her, though I have often thought of her and wondered what she was up to. She was excited to see me as well and while we only had a minute to say hi, we are going to meet up later this week and catch up.

Seeing an old friend was a great surprise and definitely made my day.


0 Responses

    Followers