A New Era

A new chapter in my life began today. It was certainly a bitter sweet day.


I started school again, which is exciting and promising, but also, as of yesterday, my account on Facebook is no longer active. That has been an interest change to adapt to. We all know we spend too much time on there basically doing nothing anyway, but when you have used it so long and then one day it is gone, you find a whole lot of time that needs filling. Thankfully, I will have school to help fill it, as well as a long list of books I plan on reading, many of which are political, but some will probably be fiction. Not having Facebook is not as hard to adapt to though than the situation that led to that decision, but, I have absolutely no regret about my decision. If the virtual world has such a strong hold that such a misunderstanding can completely decimate a friendship, then I would very much rather build relationships far away from the influences of that grip.

I recall back in November when I wrote about getting the most out of life. Here are my exact words:
"I can personally attest that the following statement is absolutely true: There is NO alternative to spending real time with someone. No matter how much you may message on facebook, or like someone's statuses, or share youtube videos, or even text message all day long, being with that person, spending actual time together, is irreplaceable."

I guess now I get a real chance to prove this to myself. Being outside of Facebook, you see just how small of a social circle you have. Especially since, in my case, a major part of my circle is now gone.

Anyway, I am excited to learn more in school this semester.

And, I wanted to share a song I stumbled across the other day. It definitely found me on the right day. It is playing in the background already as our Song of the Day, but I put a video too because I wanted you to be able to read the lyrics. So, the Song of the Day is called "Tomorrow Will Be Kinder" by: The Secret Sisters.

Oh, and since I am no longer on Facebook, I hope you all will help increase readership on my blog by either inviting friends and family to read or you could link it to your Facebook or something. My blog serves as a personal journal of sorts for me, but I know many people find strength or insight in the things I share so I hope if you ever think something on here will benefit someone, please share it with them.







0 Responses

    Followers