State of The Colonel

Tonight, the president delivered his State of the Union address. I do not care much to hear what he has to say this year, so I thought I would deliver my own address on how things are with me.

For the most part, I am doing great. The new place has really given me a boost in how I feel and am motivated. I am utilizing that newfound positivity to regain my momentum in becoming a responsible adult.

Money is not everything in life, but, finances are near the top of my list of crucial changes. I make a fair amount of money, though my bank account is constantly low. I save worthless junk better than I save precious money. I have an unnecessary debt to the bank and I have foolishly used my credit, buying the things I do not need with my money, and using a dangerous tactic of paying bills with credit, then repaying the credit, only to repeat the cycle each month. If an emergency struck me or my car, I would be at the mercy of a miracle. I am 22 years old. It's time I take responsibility for my money.

It's easy to admit mistakes with money, but much more difficult is my passiveness in religion. I have attended church regularly and have almost always prayed daily, but my difficulty lies in studying scripture. Lately, my study has been fairly non-existent outside of Sunday School. Just like anything else you want to learn, I know that if I don't give some effort and do work, I will not gain anything from it.

Lastly, I need to smile more. Not that I'm not happy most of the time, but, everyone keeps telling me I need to smile more, and there is some truth that smiling helps things out...so, I'll see what I can do.


Our Song of the Day today is ideal. It's "Dare You to Move" by: Switchfoot. This song has different interpretations. It can refer to the part of you who is not doing anything about certain parts of your life. It can refer to the part of you who is in a state of stagnancy. It can refer to the you who is letting a past failure stop you from moving on. It's about not looking back anymore, but turning forward and moving on.

Here are the lyrics so you can read them and maybe be inspired to make a change yourself:

"Dare You To Move"

Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next
What happens next

[Chorus]
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
Tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

[Chorus]

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened before


0 Responses

    Followers