Is It Winter?

It was a quiet week at Lake Wobegon...haha, I doubt any of you know that reference. Anyway, the weather here has been as mild as ever. Alaska still has all our snow, but we did manage a good inch or two to blanket the ground, which will make for a nice Sunday. The weather was quite warm as it rained for a couple days. There has been lots of flooding across the valley, damaging many homes and closing some streets. Had it been cold enough for snow and all that rain was snow, we would have well over a foot of snow, closer to two maybe. But, for now, it appears Mother Nature will continue to deliver us with mild weather this winter. We'll probably get snowed in come July.

The new place is great and I could not be happier with it. We have enjoyed having many people over this week and that trend will certainly continue. Tomorrow is Chinese New Year (also called Lunar New Year), and we'll be having a party and heading to the middle of the valley to do all our fireworks. The coming year is the year of the dragon.

Mitt Romney lost the South Carolina Primary, but I put out a plea to the voters of Florida on my Facebook, so once that circulates down there I'm sure they will all change their minds. Oh the power of social media. I'm a little concerned that Newt Gingrich's ability to con the voters with his whiney, I mean, feisty, mood will cause some trouble for Mitt. I'm putting my trust in the common sense of the people though and praying that Mitt pulls away with the nomination. I simply cannot trust Newt Gingrich, and that's not just because of what his ex-wife says.

Good Sabbath to you all.
0 Responses

    Followers