Being Responsible Sucks

I cancelled that trip to Provo for the weekend, even after I got Monday off from work.

I crunched the numbers, and with Mike helping with gas, I can make it work, but, my car needs some repairs and while the problem is not severe, I really cannot afford to take the risk of driving that far. If things got worse, I would have to fix it immediately. I have barely enough from this paycheck for rent and my car. Certain bills have to wait until my next paycheck. There's no way I could afford repairs. I don't have a credit card. So, while I was absolutely ELATED to go down and have a kick-butt weekend, responsibility has ruined my plans.

I won't lie either, I'm really, really, really bummed about it. I was ready to head out the door 24 hours before I was even off work to go. I guess my break from life will come in the form of running errands on Monday. Meh.

Song of the day reflects my mood. "One Last Cry" by: Brian McKnight
0 Responses

    Followers