Update

Well, with most of the craziness of the start of the semester behind me now, hopefully I can devote a little more time to this blog.

A few quick updates on life. First, I dropped Chemistry and I am likely going to drop my major as well. I joined the major wanting to learn all about food and I was hoping to find a fulfilling job that would enable me to share my passion for food with everyone. Food chemistry does not really allow me to do that. If I could even manage all the science involved with it, I would start out doing technical work, developing products. I like creating new food, but not in a lab on a micro-level. This past week I really thought and prayed a lot about it and two times, once by a speaker from the food science industry and again by Condoleeza Rice, I was told the same thing. Find your passion, the thing you want to wake up to every day for the rest of your life and be excited about. I realized that my passion is making food in the kitchen and sharing it with people. The two things I love most are food and serving people and when I put the two together, it's just a fantastic thing for me. Another thing I realized when looking through all the majors BYU offers is that perhaps it's not that I'm in the wrong major, but maybe I'm in the wrong school. If you know me, then you know that I am BYU through and through. I didn't consider UVU's associates degree in culinary arts because I felt I would be betraying BYU. But, I have finally swallowed enough pride to look at all my options. For now, I'm still taking a full load of classes here that fulfill requirements in my major, but I'm taking ones that will be beneficial regardless of where I end up (Book of Mormon, Public Speaking, Nutrition, Intro to Food Science, and Accounting). I filled out an application to the CIA..the Culinary Institute of America...but I did not submit it because the application fee is $50 and I didn't want to shell that much out until I've looked at all my options and I wouldn't be starting this year anyway. I think I want to go to a culinary school and get a bachelors in either culinary arts of culinary arts management.

Anyhow, that's the latest on that. This week Condoleeza Rice gave a forum address. She was a great speaker and had a lot of good things to say. I enjoyed the forum very much and learned a lot from her.

I know I said I wasn't going to update my life on my blog, but until I put together a weekly newsletter like I used to have, I'll post updates on here.
0 Responses

    Followers