Summer

Another summer is on the horizon and that means a whole lot of things. Campfires, hikes, sunsets, swimming, stargazing, demolition derbies, and so much more. I love winter a lot, but I firmly believe that summer was intended to be the better season. Of course, I'll take that back at the first sign of 90 degree weather when I'm dehydrated and sunburnt to a crisp, but I am looking forward to all that this summer has to offer and the great friends I have to share it all with.

As you may have been made aware, I am once again deactivating my Facebook account. The explanation is fairly simple. Here is what I said about it on Facebook:
In January, I deactivated my Facebook with the goal of reconnecting more personally with people. The result was far greater than I anticipated and my life was greatly improved. The ONLY drawback was less people read my blog, which I link to here when I post. In February, I reactivated my Facebook account, though I stripped it down to the bare minimum. Since that time, even despite continuing my goal of being a more personable person, I have noticed how majorly Facebook alters so many aspects of life. For the most part, Facebook is not bad, but anyone in my generation who says Facebook has no effect on their social lives and how they connect with others is sadly misled. I did not miss out on any great social opportunities during my hiatus from social networking. The world did not end. I lost no friends. In fact, I had better social opportunities to spend time with friends and I made more friends. And so I have made a decision. On Monday, I am going to deactivate my Facebook for the duration of the summer. I am not anti-Facebook. I am not doing this as a statement. I simply feel that this summer has an abundance of experiences to offer and I intend to be out there completely and totally immersed in the opportunity. My blog will continue to offer my sharing of things I have done and lessons learned doing them, and I appreciate everyone who follows my blog. To keep up with me, go subscribe to the blog, and if you ever want to talk, I have a cell phone, or come knock on my door, there will always be a place at my table for friends.

Anyway...my first race is next Saturday. It is a 10k up a canyon here in the valley. I'm excited, but I have to get used to running early in the morning, which I am not so good at currently. Mostly just need to be able to have fuel in my body for running so early. 

That's all for now...I'm tired, it's 10:00 pm and I work at 5:30 am and I still need to watch at least one Donald Duck before lights out. 


0 Responses

    Followers