Pig and Sports

Tonight we had a big work party. It was a pig roast. This morning we seasoned up a whole 150 lb. pig and it was buried in the ground. Then, tonight, at about 6, people from all over dining services gathered at a park in the township of Hyde Park to eat it. Sadly, the pig was not done cooking in time, so they had to butcher it into steaks and grill them...it was still good though.

More fun than the pig, however, was the stuff we did. With the exception of a couple people, my interaction with people at work is pretty much "Jon, how many chafers do we need?" or "Hey, where is the fruit tray for my party?" and the most frequent: "Is our hot food ready yet?" For the most part, people at work think weird things about me. Lots of people think I'm always angry, some think I hate people, pretty much everyone thinks something that is contrary to who I am. At work, I'm in work mode. Tonight it was really fun to play Ultimate Frisbee and volleyball with a lot of my co-workers. I had a blast and I hope they all did too. Some of them want to set up games during the week throughout summer now, which would be awesome. Mostly, I just want people to realize I am not a mean person and dispel some rumors that go around about me.

The rest of this week holds more adventures. We were invited on a moon-lit night hike tomorrow (Tuesday), then Thursday is scatterball, we have to plan a Linger Longer for Sunday, I have to finalize new car insurance, and who knows what else we'll add on as the week continues.

Well...that's about it. The playlist.com widget has been discontinued, so I gotta find a new way to do Song of the Day. I like that feature.


0 Responses

    Followers