I failed...again

It seems that once again, I failed at keeping up with this blog. I ought to devise a way of reminding myself to update this thing, though I'm not sure anyone really reads it anyway...

I did notice something somewhat interesting while reviewing my blog a minute ago. It concerns the weekend I re-started my efforts and posted my previous post. I mention continuing to work in the kitchen. Well, I was let go from that job 10 days after that post. Lame. Since then life has been ridiculously hard. I took a sales job selling attic insulation door-to-door. At the time there were rebates through Rocky Mountain Power and Questar Gas which covered the entire cost of upgrading attic insulation for those who qualified and 70% for those that didn't qualify for the 100%. It was an amazing deal that sold well and was making me good money, till some companies abused the rebates and took advantage of consumers, causing a huge reduction in the rebates and putting our company out of business. For months again I struggled, then I found an ad for fireworks sales. Since I had absolutely no one wanting to hire me (and I had applied for numerous jobs and interviewed at quite a few), I sent the ad to my brother (since he was 21 and I wasn't) and we ended up getting that job. We wouldn't get paid for that till August, so the whole summer I lived off of the generosity of friends who sent me money and a monthly $200 food stamp allotment. Though I did not want to go that path, I was left with absolutely no alternative. Anyway, I don't really like talking about it because I am intent on leaving those things far in the past. Right now I have one final check coming from the firework stand which will pay my rent for this month. I'm close to having work and then the real recovery can begin.

I hope to keep a constant update going on this and maybe one day someone will read it.
0 Responses

    Followers