Countdowns

I have a countdown on my phone for when Lexi comes home from Alaska. I'll admit it makes me excited, and also nervous, but ultimately it makes me motivated. I have spent the past 4 months working hard to make positive changes in my life so when she returned, I could be a better person. The countdown reminds me of what I am working towards.

Today also marks 100 days until Christmas. I was made aware of this milestone over the weekend and I am now hosting a friend's 100 Days 'Til Christmas Party. Some may say it is dumb, ridiculous, and they refuse to acknowledge Christmas until December or even Christmas morning, but, the thought of it coming ever closer and so many people coming together in special ways that Christmas brings is exciting and reminds me that the Christmas spirit is not reserved for one month a year, but could do wonders if we exercised it all the year long.

There are numerous other countdowns going on in so many lives. Some are counting down until a birthday, a new child, a trip or vacation, a paycheck, and some of you are even counting down the 857 days until a new president is inaugurated, but whatever it is you are counting down, do not sit and stare at the timer as time slowly ticks off. Use that countdown as a motivator; set a goal and achieve it. Every moment we have is a chance to become better and to improve our lives and the lives of those around us. Do not procrastinate, you never know when the countdown of your life reads 1.

Song of the day is "Chariots of Fire"  by: Vangelis...wicked motivational!
0 Responses

    Followers